Do you place your hand underneath your pillow when resting? Do you wake up to a numb arm? Consider replacing the current pillow with a pillow with arm hole.
In this article, we have put together a list of the best pillows with an arm hole for you.
We will also advise you on how to select these pillows to suit your needs and a couple of maintenance tips thereafter.
- 7 Of The Best Pillows With Arm Holes
- 1. MedCline Bed Wedge and Body Pillow
- 2. Shoulder Pillow for Side Sleepers by Shoulder Relief Support System
- 3. Better Sleep Fiber Fill Pillow with Patented Arm-Tunnel Design
- 4. MittaGonG Memory Foam Pillow With Arm Hole
- 5. Shoulder Support System with Additional Neck Support Pillow
- 6. EONSHINE Velvet Pillow With Arm Hole
- 7. Active Authority Slow Rebound Memory Foam Pillow
- Buyer’s Guide to the Best Pillow with Arm Hole
- Tips to Cleaning and Maintaining Your Pillow
- Pillow with Arm Hole FAQs
7 Of The Best Pillows With Arm Holes
1. MedCline Bed Wedge and Body Pillow
The MedCline Bed Wedge and Body Pillow combine a bed wedge and a body pillow to incline the upper body into a comfortable sleeping position.
It also has an arm pocket where the sleeper can place the arm and shield it from the excess upper body weight that causes the arm to be numb.
The pillow offers relief to persons suffering from snoring, heartburn and may help with other common stomach issues.
The design of this pillow ensures the sleeper who tosses and turns remains in a static position throughout the night.
In addition, MedCline Bed Wedge and Body Pillow is available in small, medium, and large sizes to provide an elevated sleeping posture of between 4’8” and 6’3” (5 degrees to 20 degrees angle).
A queen size bed can accommodate two such pillows making them a good fit for a couple.
We highly recommend this specialized pillow.
- Can help relieve various ailments
- Prevents the sleeper from sliding down
- High build quality
- Most effective on the left side
Click here to view MedCline Bed Wedge and Body Pillow on Amazon.com
2. Shoulder Pillow for Side Sleepers by Shoulder Relief Support System
The Shoulder Pillow for Side Sleepers By Shoulder Relief Support System is a headrest with an arm hole. It measures 22 inches wide by 31 inches long by 8 inches high.
It holds your current pillow firmly in a comfortable upslope sleeping position.
At this sleeping position, upper body pressure is lifted away from the shoulders, making this shoulder support system ideal for people who toss and turn at night or are dealing with shoulder pain.
Side sleepers can sleep on whichever side they prefer and still enjoy the same benefits of the pillow in relieving shoulder problems like rotator cuff pain and shoulder arthritis.
This Shoulder Pillow for Side Sleepers is made of a cotton/foam/polyester material that keeps a hot sleeper cool throughout the night.
- Allows you to still use your current pillows
- Helps keep you cool during the night
- Retails with a free pillowcase
- Available in medium density only
Click here to view Shoulder Pillow for Side Sleepers by Shoulder Relief Support System on Amazon.com
3. Better Sleep Fiber Fill Pillow with Patented Arm-Tunnel Design
The Better Sleep Fiber Fill Pillow is a thickly padded pillow with arm tunnels on the front and middle sections.
Its ergonomic design provides the appropriate arm positioning for side or stomach sleepers who tend to support their heads with their arms when sleeping.
You can flip this pillow to achieve a better sleeping posture. This ensures no more waking up to a stiff or numb arm.
For persons dealing with snoring, upper body muscle aches, or tossing, and turning, the Better Sleep Fiber Fillow Pillow is a great solution for a peaceful sleep.
- Soft, premium quality pillow with an arm tunnel
- Ideal for both stomach and side sleepers
- No numbness of the arm
- The arm tunnel may not be comfortable for some users
View All Features of the Better Sleep Fiber Fill Pillow with Patented Arm-Tunnel Design on Amazon.com
4. MittaGonG Memory Foam Pillow With Arm Hole
The MittaGonG Memory Foam Pillow with Arm Hole is a wedge type 3D memory foam pillow that is tailored with you in mind.
It offers comfort, functionality, and durability for persons who prefer to rest their heads on a pillow while doing other activities.
It is made from a super soft memory foam fabric that recovers its shape after use. The pillow also has a removable cover that is easy to wash.
The Memory Foam Pillow With Arm Hole can also be used as a leg rest.
One partner can put his arm through the pillow’s tunnel before using the arm as head support for the other partner, hence lifting the pressure off their arm.
- Protects glasses
- Supports the head well
- Soft and comfortable
- Easy to clean
- Not ideal for heavier people
Click here to view MittaGonG Memory Foam Pillow With Arm Hole on Amazon.com
5. Shoulder Support System with Additional Neck Support Pillow
The Shoulder Support System with Additional Neck Support Pillow offers a support system for both the shoulders and neck ensuring you sleep comfortably under the gentle support of the additional neck pillow.
It utilizes an upper-body wedge component with a hollow design to provide room for the lower arm.
This pillow rest is designed to incline your upper body starting from the waist up while putting zero pressure on your arm.
There is an additional neck support pillow to position the head at a healthy angle for sleep.
- Comfortable to use with your arm
- Elevates the body, comparable to a bed wedge
- You can use your own pillow
- Wedge component is very soft
Click here to view Shoulder Support System with Additional Neck Support Pillow on Amazon.com
6. EONSHINE Velvet Pillow With Arm Hole
The EONSHINE Velvet Pillow With Arm Hole comprises of a super soft headrest made of 100% soft down alternative filling.
This pillow comes with another detachable smaller pillow, both having a zippered velvet cover that is easy to wash.
The pillow helps in keeping the head and neck well aligned as you take a rest.
Hence, EONSHINE Velvet Pillow is the ideal sleeping solution for persons napping in a seated position during the office lunch break, at school, while traveling, or in another environment.
Additionally, it can be used at home in the comfort of your own bed. This pillow is available in a variety of different colors.
- Very soft and comfortable
- Offers maximum support to the head and neck
- Has a removable and machine washable cover
- Has a convenient detachable upper pillow
- Not ideal for sleeping in a flat position
Click here to view EONSHINE Velvet Pillow with Arm Hole on Amazon.com
7. Active Authority Slow Rebound Memory Foam Pillow
The Active Authority Slow Rebound Memory Foam Pillow is a conveniently light portable pillow with the rebound properties of memory foam.
The Active Authority Slow Rebound Memory Foam Pillow helps users to snooze comfortably by aligning the head and neck while shielding the arms from excessive pressure from the upper body.
This pillow softens in warm temperature and hardens when the temperature dips.
It is uniquely designed to accommodate stomach sleepers’ arms underneath the pillow.
The Active Authority Memory Foam Pillow is available in multiple different colors and retails with a removable, washable cover.
- Aligns the upper body
- Ideal for both stomach and side sleepers
- Machine washable
- Made in a portable size
- Multi-purpose pillow
- Not ideal for a hot sleeper
Click here to view Active Authority Slow Rebound Memory Foam Pillow on Amazon.com
Buyer’s Guide to the Best Pillow with Arm Hole
Now that you are acquainted with all of the different features of these pillows, how do you ensure you enjoy maximum benefits from your purchase?
Consider the following attributes when you embark on purchasing the pillow:
Size and Ergonomic Design
The size of the pillow with arm hole is an important aspect to consider since every person’s arm length, and thickness differs. Buy a full pillow if you toss and turn quite often.
Similarly, consider the elevation angle provided by the pillow. You do not want to buy a pillow that will relieve neck, shoulder pain, and instead, experience pain on your lower back.
Pick a pillow with the right density for your sleeping position.
Various manufacturers offer a variety of sizes for the customer to choose. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations on the pillow size that best fits your body size.
The best material for orthopedic pillows provides maximum comfort by their soft, breathable fabric. These pillows are hypoallergenic, easy to clean and maintain and regain their shape after use.
When choosing such cushions, prioritize the cushions made of memory foam, latex free, or any other eco-friendly material.
Such materials should recover their form after use and keep the user well ventilated throughout the night.
Consider getting a pillow with arm hole that has more than one use.
A cushion that can serve as a leg rest, serve as neck support while traveling, and still be useful to more than one type of sleeper would be excellent.
This spares you the need for additional pillows.
Ease of Use
Some sleepers have a hard time adjusting to the sleeping posture created by the pillow with arm hole. Hence, you should consider the length of time it will take before getting used to using this type of pillow.
Otherwise, you may risk getting more shoulder and neck complications.
Tips to Cleaning and Maintaining Your Pillow
To keep your pillow with arm hole in tip-top shape, follow the following cleaning and maintenance tips:
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions regarding the proper use and cleaning of the pillow.
- Make it a daily routine to puff up the pillow when you are straightening the rest of the bed.
- All pillows should be kept dry at all times.
- Wash the pillow cover/protector alongside other beddings at least once a month.
- If the cushion is not washable, ensure you use a pillow protector to keep it free of dirt, allergens, and dampness.
- Remove stubborn stains from the pillow using a mixture of baking soda and water. Add some drops of vinegar to the paste to remove bad smell.
- Replace your cushion regularly as per the manufacturer’s suggestions. Otherwise, if the pillow is disfigured or fails to regain its original shape even after puffing it up, you should replace such a pillow immediately. If you also suffer from increased incidences of allergy-related ailments, consider purchasing another cushion.
Pillow with Arm Hole FAQs
Q. Are All Pillows With Arm Holes Designed For Side Sleepers?
No. Generally speaking, pillows with arm holes are for both side sleepers and stomach sleepers.
The other sleepers can still use these pillows since they have multi- uses as detailed in the discussion above.
Q. What Is The Ideal Firmness For A Pillow With An Arm Hole?
Pillows with arm hole are available in varying densities to suit the individual needs of the users.
Softer cushions are ideal for stomach sleepers whereas firmer pillows are suitable for side sleepers.
As a rule of thumb, the pad should not lose its ergonomic shape when you use it.
Q. Where Should I Purchase A Pillow With An Arm Hole?
There a variety of places both online and at retail stores where you can purchase a specialized pillow, including Bed Bath & Beyond, Walmart, CVS, and more. We think the best place to purchase your pillow is on Amazon.com.
Click here to go to the product page for MedCline Bed Wedge and Body Pillow.
A pillow with an arm hole is a unique pillow that gives you the freedom to sleep the way you prefer without compromising on your health.
These pillows’ popularity is attributable to the multi-functional, easy to clean and maintain, and additional benefits.
To make a smooth transition from a standard pad to a pillow with arm hole, consider using your current pillow on the wedge component. Once you get the feel of it, you may then choose to experiment on the above types of these pillows.